Standards are officially approved specifications that cover such topics as methods of testing, terminology, performance, and construction requirements. According to BSI, standards is a published document that contains a technical specification or other precise criteria designed to be used consistently as a rule, guideline, or definition. Standards help to make life simpler and to increase the reliability and the effectiveness of many goods and services we use. Standards are created by bringing together the experience and expertise of all interested parties such as the producers, sellers, buyers, users and regulators of a particular material, product, process or service.
The Library subscribes to three online standards collections covering ASTM Standards Online, IEEE Explore and MS Online Systems.
ASTM Standards Online
ASTM Standards Online provides access to standards collections developed by the American standards for Testing and Materials. Users are antitled to access almost 11, 800 current ASTM standards via the IHS Spec and Standards Service.
The Library currently subscribes to IEEE Standards package, containing more than 2, 800 active, revised and draft standards.
MS ONLINE SYSTEMS
MS Online Systems from SIRIM Malaysia Bhd, Provides complete online access to Malaysian Standards.
How to Access Online Standards
Online standards are accessible via the library homepage at: http:/mylib.unimap.edu.my
Access to IEEE Xplore and MS Online is accessible remotely via EZProxy server. However, ASTM Standards Online is only available on campus network and users need to require username and password from the Reference Desk via phone at 604-9798601 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Users can freely search and retrieve descriptive standards information on MS Online paltform. Request to dowload full text standards (in PDF format) must be forwarded to the Reference Desk in order to avoid unnecessary downloads.
The Library also purchased printed standards from various organizations and standards institutions worldwide.
} Fine ceramics (advanced ceramics, advanced technical ceramics) - determination of density and apparent porosity
ISO 18754:2003 (E)
} Information and documentation : international library statistics = infirmation et documentation : statistiques internationales de bibliotheques
TS156.147 2006 f
} ASTM standards for building lime and lime-based construction applications.
} ASTM standards and technical articles relating to structural glazing / ASTM International.
TH8251 A78 2007
Free Online Standards Databases
- These databases are free for searching but fees applied for full text documents.
- ISO Standards - http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue.htm
- International electrotechnical Commission (IEC) - http://webstore.iec.ch/
- International Telecommunication Union (ITU) - http://www.itu.int/publications/default.aspx
- American National Standards Institute - http://webstore.ansi.org/
- European Committee for Standardization - http://www.cen.eu/esearch/
- Standards Australia - http://www.cen.eu/esearch/
- SAI Global - http://infostore.saiglobal.com/store/
- World Standards Service Network - http://www.wssn.net/WSSN/index.html
- National Institute of Standards and Technology - http://srdata.nist.gov/gateway/
- Search Engine for Standards - http://www.nssn.org/
- Canadian Standards - http://www.csa.ca/cm/
- Japanese Industrial Standards Catalogue - http://www.jisc.jp/eng/index.html
Royifazulmaldy Bin Zakaria (Roy)
Unit Perkhidmatan Akses (UPA)